Sculptra® – Liquid Lifter
Filler not for you?? There are other options! Sculptra® Aesthetic is an FDA-approved injectable that helps GRADUALLY replace lost collagen—this poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator helps restore the deep underlying structure of the skin with results that can last more than two years. Sculptra® may stimulate collagen growth which helps to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds over time.
Sculptra® is an FDA-approved injectable that helps gradually replace lost collagen—the most common protein in the body that is used to form a framework to support cells and tissue—for results that can last up to two years.* Rather than fill your dermis with product, it is a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator that works with your body to help rebuild lost collagen. Sculptra® addresses an underlying cause of facial aging, not just the symptoms!
The most common side effects after initial treatment include injection site swelling, tenderness, redness, pain, bruising, bleeding, itching and lumps. Other side effects may include small lumps under the skin that are sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area. Larger lumps, some with delayed onset with or without inflammation or skin discoloration, have also been reported.
*Treatment regimen is typically three injections over the course of three or four months. Individual results and treatments sessions may vary. Clinical trial ended at 96 weeks (2 years).
Sculptra Post-Care Treatment
- Apply Ice – one of the best ways to help with swelling and tenderness is to apply ice. Apply for 20 minutes and rest, then reapply as needed.
- Avoid Strenuous Exercise – this is your hall pass to some rest! to make sure you’re not agitating the area you should avoid exercising for at least 24 hours.
- Take Ibuprofen or Tylenol – minimize discomfort through the use of over the counter pain medications and take as directed.
Sculptra Injection Site Treatment
There are some very normal reactions to your injection site. Don’t be alarmed if you are experiencing one of the following:
- Mild Swelling and Tenderness – your injection site might be tender and full for up to a week post treatment.
- Numbing or Tingling – the treatment area may feel numb or may tingle for up to a month after your treatment.
- Small Bruising – it is completely normal for you to experience small bruising around the injection site.
There are no reviews yet.